ADAPTIC™ Non-Adhering Dressing
Designed to Protect Fragile Tissue in Wounds, Minimizing Pain & Trauma
ADAPTIC™ Non-Adhering Dressing Protects the wound minimizes pain and maceration. ADAPTIC™ Non-Adhering Dressing is a primary dressing made of knitted cellulose acetate mesh, impregnated with a specially formulated petrolatum emulsion, making it easy to remove, thus minimizing pain.
Suitable for use, under medical supervision, with negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) for the protection of fragile wound structures.
Easy To Remove Minimizing Pain
The unique cellulose acetate mesh of ADAPTIC™ Dressing protects regenerating tissue by minimizing wound trauma at dressing change.
Reduces The Risk Of Maceration And Adherence
The pore size of ADAPTIC™ Dressing allows easy passage of exudate to the secondary absorbent dressing, thus minimizing the risk of pooling and maceration at the wound site. It also reduces the risk of tissue adherence to both the ADAPTIC™ Dressing and the secondary dressing.
ADAPTIC™ Dressing Can Be Cut
ADAPTIC™ Dressing can be cut to suit the size of the wound without unravelling and shredding.
How it works
ADAPTIC™ Non-Adhering Dressing protects the fragile tissue in wounds with a unique structure featuring a small mesh size. This helps to prevent tissue adherence to either the ADAPTIC™ Dressing or the secondary dressing on top.
ADAPTIC™ Non-Adhering Dressing
- The unique structure knitted cellulose acetate fabric mesh impregnated with a petrolatum emulsion is intended as a primary dressing to be used with a secondary dressing
- Mesh allows for exudate to pass easily through to a secondary absorbent dressing, helping to prevent maceration of the wound surface and minimizing the risk of pooling
- Knitted cellulose acetate fabric allows ADAPTIC™ Dressing to be cut to wound size without unraveling or shredding
- ADAPTIC™ Non-Adhering Dressing removes cleanly from the wound, minimizing trauma and pain during dressing changes
- In turn, this reduces the risk of tissue adherence to both ADAPTIC™ Dressing and the secondary dressing and minimizes patient pain
Inappropriate dressing selection that causes the dressing to adhere to the wound bed can cause trauma and pain when the dressing is removed.
Dressings that adhere to the wound bed may result in additional practitioner time and use of resources.
ADAPTIC™ Dressing is indicated for dry to highly exuding wounds where adherence of dressing and exudate is to be prevented including:
- 1st & 2nd-degree burns
- Venous ulcers
- Pressure injuries
- Nail extractions
- Surgical incisions
- Reconstructive procedures
- Suture lines
Directions for Use
1. Prepare the wound according to wound management protocol.
2. Ensure the skin surrounding the wound is dry.
1. Carefully clean the wound following facility protocol.
2. Cut ADAPTIC™ Dressing to size if required and place directly on the wound.
3. Cover with a sterile secondary dressing of your choice depending on the amount of wound exudate.
4. ADAPTIC™ Dressing may be left in place for several days depending upon amount of exudate.