AQUACEL® Ag+ Extra™ Wound Dressing
AQUACEL™ Ag+ dressings are antimicrobial primary dressings for use in wounds that are infected or at risk of infection. They are designed to manage the 3 key local barriers to healing - exudate, infection and biofilm. AQUACEL™ Ag+ dressings incorporate proven Hydrofiber™ Technology and Ag+ Technology - a unique ionic silver-containing, antibiofilm formulation.1
AQUACEL™ Ag+ Extra dressing is comprised of 2 layers of Hydrofiber Technology stitch bonded together making it 9x stronger and 50% more absorbent than standard AQUACEL™ Ag dressing.2
AQUACEL™ Ag+ Ribbon dressing is also strengthened with stitchbonding.
AQUACEL™ Ag+ Extra™ dressing my be used for the management of:
- wounds as a barrier to bacterial penetration of the dressing as this may help reduce infection;
- wounds where there is an infection or an increased risk of infection;
- diabetic foot ulcers, leg ulcers, (venous stasis ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed aetiology) and pressure ulcers/sores (partial & full thickness);
- surgical wounds;
- traumatic wounds;
- wounds that are prone to bleeding, such as wounds that have been mechanically or surgically debrided;
- oncology wounds with exudate, such as fungoides-cutaneous tumors, fungating carcinoma, cutaneous metastasis, Kaposi’s sarcoma, and angiosarcoma;
- wounds where bacteria are a suspected cause of (or a factor in) chronicity /non-progression.
Features and Benefits
- Hydrofiber™ Technology
- Stitch bonded together
- Composition: Ionic Silver
1. Composition comprising antimicrobial metal ions and a quaternary cationic surfactant. Scientific Background Report. WO 2012136968 A1, 2012, Data on file, ConvaTec Inc.
2 - Assessment of the in vitro Physical Properties of AQUACEL EXTRA, AQUACEL Ag EXTRA and AQUACEL Ag+ EXTRA dressings. Scientific background report. WHRIA3817 TA297, 2013, Data on File, ConvaTec Inc.