Jamar® Disposable Monofilaments, LEAP, 5.07, 10gm
Jamar Disposable Monofilaments
Jamar Disposable Monofilaments are used as a foot screening tool to detect for early sensory loss in diabetic, neuropathic, and amputation risk patients. Illustrations on the instruction card provided to help highlight test sites. To test for LEAP, the card outlines three test sites for the top and nine test sites for the bottom of each foot. To test for LOPS, the card outlines five test sites for the bottom of each foot.
Sensory Loss Detectors
The disposable monofilaments are designed for easy-touch motion, using repeatable force to ensure for consistent and accurate results. To use the sensory loss detector, gently touch the filament to the skin on your foot for 2-3 seconds. Push the monofilament against the sole of the foot just enough to make the filament bend.
LEAP or LOPS Evaluation
LEAP or Lower Extremity Amputation Prevention can help reduce lower extremity amputations. LEAP delivers 10 grams of force to identify patients with a foot at risk of developing loss of sensation. LOPS or Loss of Preventive Sensation is a major risk factor for developing diabetic and neuropathic foot ulcers which can lead to foot amputation. LOPS detects for early reduced sensation with10 grams of force as well.
Features and Benefits
- Disposable monofilaments allow professionals to detect and evaluate sensation loss in diabetic, neuropathic, and amputation risk patients
- If you don’t feel the filament bending, you’ve tested negative and are at risk for developing sensory loss
- If there is an ulcer, callus, or scar on the foot, apply the monofilament on an area adjacent to these rather than directly over them
- The sensory loss detectors include an instruction card with illustrations to help highlight test sites
- In a pack of 20, users have the option to choose either 5.07 LOPS monofilaments or 5.07 LEAP monofilaments