Mepilex® XT Foam Dressing
Highly-absorbent foam dressing for normal and viscous exudate.
Mepilex® XT foam dressing is designed for moderate exuding wounds. It handles more fluid 1 and absorbs fluid faster than other foam dressings 2. It's conformable and versatile – you can use it to treat wounds with normal and viscous fluids, during any exuding wound healing stages. Mepilex XT includes our Safetac® wound contact layer. Safetac protects new tissue and intact skin – so wounds remain undisturbed to support faster natural healing 3 4 5. And it seals the wound margins to protect skin from damaging leakage and maceration 6.
- Handles more fluid than other foam dressings 1
- Absorbs fluid faster than other foam dressings 2
- Manages low and high viscosity fluid 1 – so you can use it at any exuding wound-healing stage 7
- Supports longer wear times, leading to fewer dressing changes, better compliance and lower overall cost of care 7 8
When to use Mepilex XT
Mepilex XT is designed for a wide range of acute and chronic exuding wounds in all healing stages, such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and traumatic wounds.
- SMTL TM-390 & TM-404 Fluid Handling Capacity & Free Swell Absorption capacity report 20130123-006.
- Mölnlycke Health Care. Test method T-390 Data on file (unpublished report).
- Zillmer R, et al. Biophysical effects of repetitive removal of adhesive dressings on peri-ulcer skin. J Wound Care 2006;15(5):187-191.
- Gee Kee EL, et al. Randomized controlled trial of three burns dressings for partial thickness burns in children. Burns. 2015;41(5):946-955.
- Bugmann, P., Taylor, S., Gyger, D. A silicone-coated nylon dressing reduces healing time in burned paediatric patients in comparison with standard sulfadiazine treatment: a prospective randomized trial. Burns 1998;24(7):609-612.
- Koerner, S., Adams, D. Use of a new foam dressing technology with unique exudate channels (UEC) under compression to handle copious thick, viscous exudate. Poster presentation at Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society and Canadian Association for Enterostomal Therapy, Montreal, Canada, 2016
- Lantin A, et al. Use of a new foam dressing with soft silicone in German specialist wound care centres. E-poster presentation at EWMA Conference, London, UK, 13-15 May 2015.
- Mölnlycke Health Care. What is the patient perspective? 2016. Data on file.