Secure, gentle fixation with Safetac for fragile or sensitive skin.
Mepitac® can be used to fix a wide variety of medical devices to fragile and sensitive skin – such as drains, tubes, probes, electrodes, IV cannuale and dressings.
With Safetac® technology, Mepitac is specially designed to minimise pain and trauma when it’s applied and removed 1 2 3 4 5. It’s suitable for neonates, dialysis patients and others who need repeated application of the fixation tape over the same area 6.
- Gentle on the skin when it’s applied and removed
- Conforms well to body contours 7
- Waterproof so the patient can get on as normal a life as possible 8
- Breathable to prevent maceration of the skin
- Leaves no residues on the skin after it’s removed 6
When to use Mepitac
Mepitac is designed to fix medical devices such as drains, tubes, probes, electrodes, IV cannulae and dressings gently to the skin. It’s suitable for patients with fragile or sensitive skin – or when the fixation tape has to be applied and removed frequently, e.g. neonates and dialysis patients.
- White R. A multinational survey of the assessment of pain when removing dressings. Wounds UK. 4 (1). 2008.
- Woo, K. & Bergström, C. An Open Randomised Cross-over Investigation Assessing Perceived Pain at Dressing Change Comparing A Soft Silicone Dressing, Mepilex® Border, with a Adhesive hydrocellular polyurethane dressing, Allevyn® Adhesive in Patients with chronic ulcer (Clinical Investigation Report (MXB408, Part A, Mölnlycke Health Care), 2007).
- Johnstone A, et al. Innovations in the reduction of pressure ulceration and pain in critical care. Wounds UK. 2013;9(3):76-80
- Viamontes L, et al. Evaluation study of the properties of two adhesive foam dressings. Br J Nurs. 2003;12(11 Supplement): S43-44, S46-49.
- Bateman, S. Principles of preventative foot care. Br J Community Nurs. 2014;(Supplement):S32-S38.
- Mölnlycke Health Care. A preference study performed at eight wards (Neonatal, Intensive care, Dialysis, Children, 2x Children Surgery, Rheumatology, Oncology) in Norway and Denmark. (File Mepitape project id 00-030 Preference study, 2002).
- Mölnlycke Health Care. 20130514, PD-030975. Data on file.
- Mölnlycke Heath Care. PD-041854. Data on file.