SILVERCEL™ Hydro-Alginate Antimicrobial Alginate Dressing with Silver
SILVERCEL™ Dressing is a sterile, non-woven pad composed of a high G (guluronic acid) alginate, carboxymethylcellulose (CMC), and silver-coated nylon fibers.
SILVERCEL™ Dressing has been proven to be a suitable dressing for the management of chronic wounds.1
- Antimicrobial action
- High absorbency
- High wet tensile strength
The unique composition of SILVERCEL™ Dressing combines the alginate's and CMC's moisture management properties with the broad-spectrum antimicrobial action of silver ions within the dressing. Helping to optimize the wound environment.
The unique composition of the dressing manages exudate in moderate to heavily exuding wounds, promoting a favorable environment for effective wound management.
Tensile strength increased by 56% when wet compared to dry based on in vitro data
SILVERCEL™ Dressing provides effective antimicrobial protection, promoting a favorable moist wound environment
SILVERCEL™ Dressing provides a sustained release of silver ions within the dressing for more than 7 days*. This allows for effective antimicrobial protection for the entire wear time, depending on the level of exudate. SILVERCEL™ Dressing is effective against more than 150 wound pathogens.2
The dressing’s unique composition manages exudates in moderate-to-heavily exuding wounds. This promotes an optimal environment for effective wound management.2
The dressing’s tensile strength increases when in contact with wound exudate. This allows for intact removal.2
- Debride when necessary and irrigate the wound site in accordance with standard protocols
- Remove excess solution from surrounding skin
- Select a size of SILVERCEL™ Dressing that is slightly larger than the wound.
- Cut (using clean scissors) or fold the dressing to fit the wound.
- Loosely pack deep wounds, ensuring the dressing does not overlap the wound margins.
- For heavily exuding wounds, apply to wound bed directly. For wounds with minimal exudate, apply to saline moistened wound bed.
- Cover and secure SILVERCEL™ Dressing with a non-occlusive secondary dressing
- Dressing change frequency will depend on patient condition and the level of exudate. Initially, it may be necessary to change the dressing every 24 hours.
- Reapply SILVERCEL™ Dressing when the secondary dressing has reached its absorbent capacity or whenever good wound care practice dictates that the dressing should be changed.
- Gently remove the secondary dressing.
- If the wound appears dry, saturate the dressing with normal saline solution prior to removal.
- Gently remove the dressing from the wound bed and discard.
- Irrigate the wound site with a suitable wound cleanser prior to application of a new dressing.
- Store at ambient temperature.
- Do not re-use (single use).
- Do not resterilize.
- Do not use if package is damaged.
- The use by date of this product is printed on the packaging.