Tubifast® with 2-Way Stretch Technology™ is a lightweight elasticated tubular bandage with radial and longitudinal stretch 1. It’s ideal for dressing fixation and as a skin covering for any part of the body. The bandage can also be used for patch wrapping and as an under-cast stockinette. It is quick and easy to use, with less risk of fraying 2 than traditional tubular bandages.
- Lightweight elasticated tubular bandage
- Radial and longitudinal stretch1 for fixation anywhere on the body
- Quick and easy to use, with reduced risk of fraying 2
- Holds dressings securely, without constriction or compression
When to use Tubifast
Tubifast with 2-Way Stretch Technology can be used as dressing retention and skin covering for any part of the body. It can also be used for patch wrapping and as an under-cast stockinette. Because of its tubular construction, Tubifast with 2-Way Stretch Technology is particularly suitable for holding dressings in place on difficult areas such as stumps of amputee patients.
- Published data shows that Tubifast with 2-Way Stretch Technology exceeds the minimum requirement of longitudinal stretch for the actions of sitting, bending, and flexing. Physical testing of textiles, B. P. Saville, Woodhead Publishing,1999.
- Mölnlycke Health Care. Fibre Survey carried out on behalf of Mölnlycke Health Care Limited, May 2009. Data on file.